Parametric search is a method of searching for text based on specific criteria. The search parameters can be set by the user, or they can be generated automatically by the system.
There are many different applications for parametric search, such as finding documents that match certain criteria or identifying trends in a dataset. Parametric search can also be used to generate new insights by automatically creating new combinations of search parameters.
Parameters used in parametric search can be based on different criteria such as:
- keywords: the presence or absence of specific words or phrases in the text
- topic: the overall topic of the text
- sentiment: the attitude of the author towards the subject matter
- genre: the type of text, such as news, fiction, or
- object parameters in parametric search can be based on different criteria such as:
- size: the length of the text
- date: the date the text was published
- location: the geographical location of the author or text
- format: the type of documents, such as PDF, Word, or HTML
Parametric search is a powerful tool for text analytics because it can be used to find documents that match complex criteria. It is also flexible and can be customized to the needs of the user.
Parametric Search vs. LDA
Parametric search can be contrasted with other methods of text analysis, such as topic modeling or latent Dirichlet allocation (LDA). Topic modeling is a statistical method that is used to discover the hidden structure in a corpus of text. LDA is a similar method, but it is more focused on identifying the relationships between topics.
Both topic modeling and LDA can be used to find documents that match certain criteria, but they are not as flexible as parametric search. Topic modeling and LDA are also less effective at finding new combinations of search parameters
Parametric Search vs. Boolean Search
Boolean search is another method of searching for text that is similar to parametric search. Boolean search uses operators such as AND, OR, and NOT to combine terms and find documents that match the criteria.
Boolean search is a more limited form of parametric search because it can only use a fixed set of operators.